VPN or virtual private network is an extension of the private network over the public network, as for example internet. With a VPN, all your data, voice or video is encrypted through a virtual tunnel in a secured manner, between the host and the VPN service provider. A VPN connection supplies all the benefits of LAN, which is used in offices and homes.
The main purpose of VPN is to provide a secured private network to an organisation where all its employees can have access to the information.
TYPES OF VPN
- Site-to-site VPN
- Remote access VPN
- Personal VPN
- Corporate VPN
FEATURES TO BE LOOKED IN A PAID VPN
- Security encryptions– in order to have unrestricted access to torrents and other blocked sites, the security aspect and encryption is very much needed. Almost all VPN services provide PPTP or L2TP/IPsec. The most advanced protocol is IKEv2.
- Server location tracking– if your vpn is spread over a wide range of the globe, it will be more difficult to track the IP address as it would allow easy server switching from one to another and will leave no trace of your IP address.
- Activity logs- anonymity is the key for usage of paid VPNs. Go for VPN which provide ultimate privacy and hide your activity logs too
- Price- lookout for the best VPN with lowest subscription rates. There is a wide range of choice for the VPNs and the market is competing. Consult with the rate charts before subscribing.
Why Do you Need a VPN Network?
Many people out there use VPN networks for a variety of reasons. Below are some of the major reasons why you would be needing a VPN software:
- As mentioned above, VPN networks offer a secure connection between two networks and also between a network and the Internet. Thus scaling out any chances of hacking or other online attacks.
- In case some online websites and other content are blocked in your country/area by default, using a VPN software will help you bypass those restrictions and access any online websites/contents you want.
- A VPN network allows you to browse the internet anonymously without giving away your identity to anyone. Even a VPN software does not store your personal information, which makes you literally anonymous over the internet while using a VPN software.
TOP 10 VPN 2017
- High performance with easy compatibility and set-up
- SSL secured, 256-bit encryption
- Up to 61 mbps speed
- Covers 145 cities and 94 countries
- Software compatible with windows, Mac, android etc.
- 3 simultaneous connections only that is low activity login
- Pricing is bit high ( package – 36% save in 1 year plan: $8.32 per month, per month package is $ 12.95)
Should you buy ExpressVPN?
Provides one of the best performances among all VPNs with a decent package deal and high security. Highly recommended. ExpressVPN, according to me, is one one of the best VPN providers I have tried.
ExpressVPN, according to me, is one one of the best VPN providers I have tried. To read the review: click here
- end-to-end encryption privacy
- unlimited speed and bandwidth
- Best video streaming experience
- over 700 servers over 70+ locations and unlimited server switching
- chameleon and L2TP privacy protocols used
- Payments by credit cards, PayPal, Alipay
- Price- $5 per month,
- The normal package allows only 3 simultaneous logins
- No peer-to-peer connection allowed
- Doesn’t accept BitCoin
Should you buy VyprVPN?
It is a good choice for those who require maximum privacy because it has a tough encryption. Servers are spread over a larger perimeter hence easy server switching available decades of experience and customer support makes it more reliable. Use the 3-day trial pack before you go for the subscription.
- Unlimited high-speed streaming and torrents without censors
- Zero traffic log
- 256-bit encryption
- Over 750 servers in 60 countries
- 5 simultaneous connections
- Allows peer-to-peer connection
- Speed up to 74 Mbps
- 7 day money return guarantee which is short compared to others who have 30 day money return policy
- Usage of app is difficult initially
- Pricey Packages- $10 for 1 month
- $6.49 per month for 1 year
It offers a very high speed and well-encrypted internet and torrenting experience. The package is too high as compared to the other VPNs. You may try the yearly subscription to make it cost effective. Please ensure the money return sooner if you are dissatisfied with the performance.
- Secured from hackers
- Unlimited speed bandwidth and server changes
- IP sharing keeps the users anonymous
- Allows 5 simultaneous connections
- 30 day hassle free money return policy
- openVPN privacy which has tighter security
- Servers span 37 countries only
- 128-bit AES SSL encryption
- No app service
- Very pricey package- $12.99 per month
- Yearly plan – $8.23 per month
It seems to be an average VPN because of the less tight encryption provided and low coverage of the servers. It provides a decent speed. Very pricey package in comparison to the services provided.
- Double data encryption and No censor restriction
- Anonymous VPN service provided
- 709 servers in 50 different countries
- Peer to Peer connectivity allowed
- Bitcoin accepted apart from credit cards
- 2048-bit SSL encryption
- DNS leak resolver
- Usage of 6 devices simultaneously
- Mobile app is a bit streamlined
- Sometimes causes traffic problems
One of the best VPNs since far, with high-end encryption and peer-to-peer connectivity. It also resolves DNS leak and allows activity of 6 people simultaneously. It has a very decent package with better payment option. Best for office use purpose.
- Package- 1 year plan =$ 5.75 per month
- 6 month plan= $7 per month
- 24 months= $3.29 per month
- Ultra-fast streaming capability with unlimited data transfer and bandwidth
- Maintains online anonymity and IP leakage protection
- 256-bit military grade encryption
- Allows 5 multi-login simultaneously
- 583 Server locations worldwide, over 140+ countries
- Internet kill switch present
- Allows payment by PayPal, Alipay, Bitpay, PaymentWall
- Gives provision of gift cards
- Strict 7 day money return policy
- No free trial
- Logging in takes time and is tiresome
Except for the money return policy, it is a very good VPN to be used. It has promising speed and security with “internet kill switch” facility that allows working securely even after the connection gets lost suddenly. Easy payment and decent package provided
- Packages- 2year plan at $2.95 per month
1 month plan $10.95
- Zero login time and evades network traffic
- Automatic Wi-Fi security
- Unlimited speed, bandwidth and server switches
- 256-bit bank level encryption provided
- More than 400 high speed servers in 30 round the world locations
- 99% uptime
- Up to 7 simultaneous logins supported
- Accepts BitCoin
- No kill switch facility
- Not compatible with apple TV, play station
- Does not open with windows Vista
- No free trial
- 14 day money return guarantee
Overall, it is a good VPN but has a few turn-offs especially no kill-switch facility. Strict money returns policy but a very decent pricing and easy payment options.
- Packages- 2 year plan $3.49 a month
- 1 year plan $5.99 a month
- Per month plan $8.99 a month
- Turbo high speed and Allows seamless working and poses less traffic
- Privacy on all devices with Unlimited bandwidth, server switching and smart location
- Malware blocking
- More than 28 countries covered
- 9% up time
- Separate plug-in to be added for IP leaks protection
- No peer to peer connectivity
- 128-bit AES GCM encryption
- Strict 14 days money return guarantee
Average VPN service provided as compared to the other services and the package deal. IP leaks can occur and poor encryption. Strict money returns policy. You can use it for a month trial.
- Package – 1 year premium is $7.49 per month
- 6 months package$9.15 per month
- Untraceable IP address of own computer
- Secured public connections provided Wi-Fi
- 934 servers and 221 countries, spread across multiple continents
- More than 12600 IP addresses
- Easy account logging in, just in 4 steps
- 30 day money back guarantee
- Free service provided for 7 days for starters
- Live chat customer service available 12 hours a day
- 128-bit encryption which is not strong enough
- Poor track record of privacy
It is a good VPN with connections spread worldwide and easy access and compatibility. However, this VPN has privacy issues hence cannot be used by intelligent agencies or corporate.
- Package- 1 year plan is $9.19 per month
- 6 month plan is 11.99 per month
Hotspot Shield VPN
- Access to blocked sites and restricted content easily
- Encrypts personal information and provides secure Wi-Fi
- No additional advertisements while browsing
- Malware protection
- 5 device simultaneous logging
- 30 day money back policy
- 7 day free trial
- Servers present in just over 15 countries
- Limited configuration options
- Servers are located in US but the number of servers is not disclosed
- Poor guidelines for usage
It is a good VPN service but much better deals are also available in the market. Not spread over a larger area. The 1-year plan is within budget but 1 month and other plans are very pricey. It provides free trial, so go for the trial before subscribing.
- Package- 1 year plan is $6.99 per month
- 3 months plan is $ 10.99 per month
1 month plan is $12.99 per month